- Jan 2011 – May 2007 MA, Learning and Technology, San Diego State, USA, Completed graduate degree in Instructional design and technology.
- Jun 1993 – Jul 1993 CELTA, UCLES, ECC, Bangkok, Earned certificate in teaching English to foreign students in intensive, one-month teacher training program conducted through Cambridge University.
- Oct 1990 – Jun 1993 BA, Economics, University of California, Davis, USA. Studies focused on economic, business, and foreign policy.
- Apr 2010 – Present Ristumeikan, Asia Pacific University Beppu, Japan, Lecturer, Returned to APU after short hiatus. Continued work as lecturer.
- Apr 2017 – Present meels.org (self-employed), Internet Creator, Owner, Developed teacher training website that provides free distance learning courses showing teachers how to use various digital tools in instruction.
- Apr 2007 – Aug 2009 Ristumeikan, Asia Pacific University Beppu, Japan, Part-time Lecturer, Taught English courses geared towards elementary and intermediate students. Assisted in curriculum design and materials development.
- Dec 2006 – Jun 2007 Longmans Publishing (contracted) Hong Kong, China, Producer, Produced 50 English podcasts for the Sounds Good textbook series.
- Jun 2003 – Present elllo.org (self-employed), Internet Creator, Owner, Developed English Listening Lesson Library Online, which is a free e-learning site for students to learn English. The site attracts over 12,000 students daily.
- Aug 1999 – Dec 2006 Westgate Corporation Tokyo, Japan, Senior Instructor, Taught over 3000 hours of English conversation classes to university students at various Kanto universities through the West gate on-campus extra-curricular English program. Duties also included designing lessons, teacher training, and sales presentations.
- Jan 1999 – Aug 1999 Centre for English Studies San Francisco, United States, English Instructor, Taught general English and test preparation courses for the Cambridge Suites First Certificate Test and Advanced English Test.
- Jul 1993 – Feb 1998 U.A Bangkok, Thailand, English Instructor, Teacher Trainer, Taught over 5000 hours of English conversation classes to adult and young adult learners at the Bangkok campus. Promoted to teacher trainer after two years of service.
- Oct – 2007 Impact Conversations 1 & 2 Pearson Longmans, Co-Author with Kristen Sulliven, Co-wrote general English textbook designed to assist students with communication, grammar and pronunciation.
- Dec – 2005 2005 Impact Listening Pearson Longmans, Co-Author with Ellen Kisslinger Co-wrote general English listening textbook aimed for lower level students.